So we took a mini vacation and went to Tennessee (Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area) and WOW! We cannot wait to go back. We had some serious fun and just needed to get away from COVID-19, yes we ran away from it since the state of PA is still "opening in phases", it was time to hit the bricks!
Many have asked us what to do if they go and here are something we suggest!
https://www.mountainlifeutvrentals.com/rent/ THIS IS THE WAY TO SEE EVERYTHING, seriously rent one of these day 1, get a hold of the sites and what is where and learn the back roads to avoid the Gatlinburg traffic (lifesaver). When we rented one we did it for 3 hours, next time it will be 8 just to really be able to get around everywhere. The pic below was taken at the Foothills Parkway in Great Smoky mountain National Park, we drove here by the UTV we rented and it was AMAZING. Also, does this look like a face that would tell you YOU NEED to rent one of these!?
2. You HAVE to ride https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60842-d12592972-Reviews-Rowdy_Bear_Mountain-Gatlinburg_Tennessee.html THE ROWDY BEAR MOUNTAIN COASTER AT NIGHT! Listen, yes they are all neat and cool...but Rowdy bear at night beats them ALL. The lights are so pretty and it's just a great experience. This pic is stolen from trip advisor, Mom didn't want to loose her phone so she did not take it with her LOL!
3. Go-karts GALORE, there are MANY options there and while many choose the Extreme option, it gets intense with competition and bumping so we opted in for "The Track" https://funatthetrack.com/pages/pigeon-forge-location - this was fun and fairly inexpensive in our opinion. The Wild Woody is THE BEST track and if you are taking the kids, you have to be 4'8" to ride solo, otherwise its a double (I am 4'7" so I trusted mom to drive and we had a BLAST! This is another pic stolen from trip advisor since Mom didn't want to loose her phone LOL, ( she clearly cares about our social media to not want to loose it!)
4. Eat at Hungry Bear, we would have NEVER knew about this place if we didn't ask when we rented the UTV where to grab lunch. Their BBQ is AWESOME and prices are amazing as well. Clearly Dad and I didn't want to stop eating for this pic, but hey...whatever makes Mom happy : ) https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60842-d2226690-Reviews-Hungry_Bear_BBQ_1-Gatlinburg_Tennessee.html
5. Shop in Gatlinburg, we suggest parking at Hillbilly Harley (yes that is a thing) since it is the beginning of the strip and walking all the way up, grabbing a burger at Howard's and then walking back down the other side. You will thank us later for the traffic tip, if you park at the other end you will sit in traffic leaving FOREVER. You will see all kinds of cool things and experiences. This was the coolest though, they found US! This pic was taken in front of Ripley's (closed until further notice due to COVID-19) which is the half way point up the strip. Meet Gatlinburg's finest, K9 Aura not pictured (she had the day off and thank goodness it was HOTTTT).
6. If you are a movie buff, go see The Hollywood Star Cars Museum. We love the Fast & Furious Franchise so we knew we were going to make the stop along this strip to see it. We also got to see Helen Hunt's truck from Twister, Days of Thunder Mello Yello and Gone in 60 seconds "The Eleanor" was AMAZING. Mom and Dad got to indulge and have someone actually take pics of them rather than just me HAHA! http://starcarstn.com
7. We would suggest staying in a Cabin of course, we used Cabins USA. https://www.cabinsusa.com Great experience and we wanted one secluded in the woods with fire pit, some arcade games and a hot tub. We got all of that and a great, quiet experience that we will cherish forever!
Okay, well clearly we couldn't be go on vacation and somehow not fulfill a need of our friends at the Fayetteville PD for their K9s. Y'all are AMAZING, our supporters are BY FAR the best ones out there. We got a message Sunday evening from a Sheriff's Dept. handler about some other K9s needing some help. We posted about it and the next morning had their K9 needs fulfilled. I would call that an WIN WIN vacation!
Until next time, go follow us on instagram and facebook : )